We are recruiting for a new position
South Dublin County Volunteer Corps
Corps Worker Information.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week. At least one weekend day per month will be required.
Duration: 1 year initially
Location: Civic Offices, Clondalkin (with some work in County Hall, Tallaght)
In 2009, South Dublin County Volunteer Centre worked in partnership with South Dublin County Council to establish the South Dublin County Volunteer Corps.
The South Dublin County Volunteer Corps was the first event volunteering program in Ireland and facilitates volunteers to participate in once off events in the county such as festivals, community based events, sports events and other time limited events.
We are currently looking to recruit a part time project worker to co-ordinate the volunteer corps under the direction of the volunteer centre.
Visit www.volunteercorps.ie for more information
The specific responsibilities of the project worker will be:
- Responsible for identifying and signing off on projects/events that will involve the Corps.
- Main contact for all projects involving the Corps
- Liaison with relevant people in community Organisations who request the Corps.
Database and website management.
- Main administrator of Corps Database
- Administrator of Corps web presence including social media promotional tools
- Promotion of the Corps and recruitment of new volunteers.
- Overall administration of the Corps including all communications with the Corps volunteers
- Volunteer Screening and reference checks
- Direct line manager of volunteers involved with the Corps
- Responsible for volunteer training and ongoing development.
- Strong people skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong IT literacy skills.
- Attention to detail and care in following direction.
- A positive attitude with an ability to work as part of a team, under pressure and to act on your own initiative.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work evening time and weekends.
These requirements are desirable but not essential. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Experience in the community and voluntary sector (could include volunteering)
- Experience using Salesforce and/or WordPress.
- Experience in using social media as a recruitment and marketing tool.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in event volunteering
Application is by email only. Please email an up to date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Worker application” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday 31st July
Candidates will be notified of application progress on Friday 4th August
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9th August
The successful candidate will be expected to begin employment during the week of Monday 4th September 2017
South Dublin County Volunteer Centre is an equal opportunities employer.