Pre – event check list
- Please name the co-ordinator of the corps on the day.
- This person will need to be available for the event and should enjoy being a communicator /co-ordinator.
- Liaise with the Volunteer Centre to agree the details of the event/project.
- Make sure there are clear project and role descriptions for the work of the Corps.
- Ensure all the materials and equipment that you need are there on the day.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all participants. It is important that no risks are taken and that all appropriate safety guidelines are followed.
- Prior to the day, establish if certain members of the corps have any physical considerations that may effect their participation in the project. Undertake a risk assessment if necessary.
- Confirm that you are properly insured. Normally Public Liability Insurance will cover such events but please confirm with your Insurer. South Dublin County Council and South Dublin County Volunteer Centre will not accept any liability for claims arising from the Corps being involved.
- Arrange some time before the event/project to meet with the Corps volunteers to brief them on their work (as per your role description/s). On the day is fine, or you might prefer to arrange and information session a few days beforehand.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!